Pick A Wheelchair That’s Right for You
Finding the right wheelchair to fit your lifestyle and personal needs is essential. There is no default or standard wheelchair anyone should feel the need to merely settle for; no, there are several different types of wheelchair designs an individual can choose from based on what they personally need from their wheelchair.
Each person deserves a chair that fits their needs and is an aid in their life, not a burden. A chair that makes their life easier, and not just more difficult.
Karma Mobility offers both manual and electric wheelchair models, but within those general categories, there are other numerous models available. We recognise individual needs when it comes to finding the right wheelchair to fit different lifestyles, and that’s why we offer so many different models, a few of which are listed below along with their special features and benefits:
- Standard manual wheelchairs: The standard manual model is heavier than your lightweight wheelchair, but it’s also the most commonly used and offers durability as well as long-lasting support.
- Active Wheelchairs: Karma Mobility’s Ergo Live Wheelchair, for example, is perfect for an independent, active lifestyle. As a lightweight chair, it allows easy movement to and fro and allows for adjustments to the rear wheel and backrest in order to give you maximum comfort.
- Lightweight Wheelchairs: In more recent years, lightweight models have become preferable to many as their wheelchair of choice and have replaced heavy-duty wheelchairs as “the norm”. Lightweight models are easily portable and foldable for convenience purposes.
- Ultralight Wheelchairs: Ultra-lightweight wheelchairs are even lighter than the lightweight models, and are known for their durability and portability. Karma Mobility offers two ultralight models for your convenience, with the lightest weighing in at only 8.3kg.
- Transport and Travel Wheelchairs: As the name suggests, transport wheelchairs are perfect for transportation because of their portable lightweight frames. Karma Mobility’s Bluebird Travel Wheelchair, for example, one-ups most other travel models on the market with its larger rear wheels, which increases comfort level – especially outdoors.
- Recliner Wheelchairs: Karma Mobility’s recliner wheelchairs use innovative technology to provide maximum safety and comfort while allowing users to recline at different incremental angles.
- Tilt Wheelchairs: Especially ideal for those vulnerable to pressure sores, tilt wheelchairs allow users to make balancing adjustments to their seat position that help to relieve pressure on a user’s bottom and back.
- Standing Wheelchairs: Stand power chairs include innovative features such as an easily-accessible joystick for control purposes, and allows users to drive the wheelchair while in a standing position.
- Bariatric Wheelchairs: Bariatric wheelchairs, such as Karma Mobility’s Condor, are known for their capacity to hold extra weight. They feature an extra-wide seating design, and our Condor specifically is a lightweight design that is also highly adjustable.
Other factors and features to consider when selecting a wheelchair to best suit your lifestyle may include size, seat depth, adjustability, and quick-release wheels.
Karma Mobility offers a wide variety of wheelchair models because we know users deserve a chair that will aid them and provide the right kind of support that will best fit the needs of their individual lifestyle.
Categorised in: Blog
This post was written by Mark Duffield